Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you!
We're looking for a Director of Sales to lead the day-to-day strategic management of the PSA Preferred Dealer Network, which is composed of auction houses, group submitters and dealers, and lead the PSA sales team both in the office and in the field. PSA prides itself on its relationship management and is looking for a seasoned sales leader who takes the time to understand and service the needs of the customer. Candidates must be personable, polished, well-organized, detail-oriented, analytical and have experience with developing and implementing sales incentive programs and sales training. The position requires travel to trade shows, industry events and client offices.
This position reports to the President of PSA and is based out of our Santa Ana, CA office.
What You'll Do
- Direct company sales efforts to increase submissions and average sales price while maintaining senior level relationships with clients
- Improve and maintain relationships with Preferred Dealers
- Direct the PSA domestic sales staff
- Develop and manage quarterly and annual sales incentive programs
- Facilitate the implementation of new sales tracking, management and marketing software
- Ideate creative sales and marketing goals within the bounds of the collectible industry
- Manage client relationships and formal communications
- Direct the Results department manager and team.
- Work with the current Results Manager to set up long-term financial and customer service focused goals, as well as implement ways to track their progress and measure success.
- Work with cross-functional leadership to ensure total customer satisfaction
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in sales/customer relations; collectibles industry experience preferred but not required
- Effective communicator and highly collaborative team player, both internally and externally, to resolve conflicts, solve problems and, most importantly, so we can deliver what is promised to the customer to maintain and generate business
- Ability to be knowledgeable and credible when speaking about our product and brand when presenting/communicating with customers and represent our company well
- Demonstrated expertise in the collectibles market, continuously building upon the knowledge base of our product/market to generate sales (e.g. learning hobby lingo/terms, understanding market challenges, values of collectibles, etc.)
- Experience with industry leading sales and marketing software platforms - having the ability to track sales and marketing via data intelligence
- Organized and efficient is his/her sales approach since performance is based, in large part, on submissions and average sales price metrics
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience in motivating and inspiring a team to hit aspirational targets
- Some travel is required, up to but not limited to several times per month. This may include car travel or cross-country plane travel or travel outside of the US
Reasons To Join Us
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party trading card authentication and grading company in the world. Since its inception in 1991, PSA has certified over 40 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars. PSA is a division of Collectors. For more information, visit www.PSAcard.com.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.