Collectors Universe has multiple business lines that grade, authenticate, and sell millions of high-value, record-setting collectibles every quarter. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia, and with your help we can continue to grow rapidly. Our goal is to make the joy of collecting accessible to everyone -- collectors looking to complete their set, inventors looking to maximize the value of their collection, and anyone who’s looking to preserve a game, card or coin that reminds them of fond memories in their lives. We’re looking for software engineers who can create the next generation of engaging products for collectors, scalable, intuitive software for our internal customers, and innovative, best in class solutions to bring delight to The Hobby. What data models will you help us to define?
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Wata, Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a data engineer to join our data platform team to help us establish a robust modern data platform that services our internal and external use cases.
We have a wide variety of needs across the engineering organization - most roles are remote friendly, however we have select positions that require a hybrid onsite presence.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand our data needs, design and implement batch data extraction processes, model data and write data transformations
- Ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify use cases for data reporting and dashboarding and implement new pipelines and reporting functionalities
- Train users on data capabilities and best practices
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- You have experience with “modern data stack” type tools for data warehousing, data extraction, data transformation, and workflow orchestration
- You are proficient in SQL, Python, and have a strong working knowledge of software engineering workflow tools such as version control and testing
- You have a proven ability to model data for reporting and analytics needs
- You have experience with or a strong interest in the analytical side of data, e.g. collecting requirements, defining and implementing metrics, developing dashboards
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: We offer a flexible vacation policy for our employees
- Holiday Pay: All employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.