Collectors Universe has hundreds of active domains that are leveraged by card, coin, video game, and general collectors worldwide. Every quarter we grade, authenticate, and sell millions of high-value, record-setting collectibles, so we’re looking for a security expert who can architect and implement systems to keep our ecosystem safe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Wata, Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo.
We have a wide variety of needs across the engineering organization - most roles are remote friendly, however we have select positions that require a hybrid onsite presence.
As a Staff Cybersecurity Engineering Manager, you will develop and deliver operational security services and manage the operational environment to keep Collector’s Universe platforms and services secure. You will work with teams across Collector’s Universe to understand the technology team’s security and compliance needs,select tools, build processes and train staff to deliver services that address those needs. You’ll leverage practical DevOps experience to deploy and maintain security tooling (both open source and commercial) to improve our security posture. You’ll focus on wide-ranging, cross-functional security infrastructure projects that improve our overall security capability and reduce security friction across the organization. You will be a go-to resource for architectural consultation and will provide guidance for both internal and external teams in secure infrastructure deployment and fortification practices. Understanding the methods and techniques of the organization’s security adversaries, you will find and foresee critical vulnerabilities in the operational environment and work to mitigate or eliminate them entirely.
This is a remote friendly position!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cybersecurity operations/engineering team to effectively and efficiently defend computing and network environments.
- Manage security operational environments (networks, systems, processes, cloud) with sound security architecture practices and novel mitigation strategies.
- Evolve Collector’s Universe security benchmarks, standards, and response method.
- Develop a framework for analysts and operation engineers to proactively communicate security best practices, findings, and recommendations to customers.
- Provide technical expertise for security and compliance tool selection, process definition, automation creation, and staff training.
- Work with IT, Cloud, DevOps to effectively and efficiently manage security monitoring, tuning, detection, hunting, and incident response.
- Partner with the other engineering teams to deliver seamless security operations and engineering services to critical Collectors’ business lines.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization by earning the reputation for being a proactive leader and change agent.
- Utilize DevOps skillet (Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, CI/CD tooling) to deploy and maintain core security tooling (open source and commercial).
- Build technical documentation about Security services for product and Operations teams
- Improve current security capabilities and anticipate future security threats and trends leveraging cyber threat intelligence
- Consult with our security compliance team during security audits in order to demonstrate architectural security capabilities.
- Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications.
- Respond to and assist with due diligence and internal / external audit requests.
- Assist security operations engineers with automation projects covering detection, response, and fortification needs.
- Assist the resolution of security incidents and scenarios as a subject matter expert in the organization’s infrastructure and architecture.
- Be an escalation point during a security incident and response processes
Who You Are:
We view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list!
- 5+ years in a security-related field, providing a blend of architectural leadership and hands-on expertise as a Security Architect or Security Engineering Manager.
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud compute environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)..
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology particularly those areas related to Information Security, engineering, architecture, monitoring, threat detection, vulnerability management, EDR, DLP, cyber threat intelligence, and configuration & tuning.
- Be passionate in the pursuit of securing Collectors’ data and critical assets, staying well-informed on adversary behavior.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience with advanced and 0-day threats, intrusions, malware infection, packet analysis, and associated Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP)
- Extensive IaaS experience (AWS-preferred, Azure, GCP), protocols, tools, and technologies.
- Deep understanding of current industry infrastructure standards and practices, along with a process oriented background.
- Capable of leveraging devops approach to solve practical day-to-day security automation challenges using languages such as Python, Bash, Go, Ansible, etc.
- Thorough understanding of networking and system administration.
- Familiarity with major compliance frameworks including PCI, NIST, ISO, SOX, with experience performing or assisting in audits.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for a flexible paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.