Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We’re looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our Legal team, reporting directly to our General Counsel. We are looking for a seasoned commercial counsel who can take responsibility for drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a wide variety of commercial agreements, support M&A activities, and be a trusted advisor to the business. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to have a direct impact on our company’s continued growth. With offices internationally in China, Japan, Hong Kong, and France, you will also have the opportunity to work with local counsel to develop expertise in international law and gain a deep understanding of our business operations.
This role is based out of our Santa Ana office. Hybrid remote candidates in Southern California will also be considered.
What You’ll Do:
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial contracts, including: software, NDA, partnership, supply, marketing, and vendor agreements
- Partner with other business units to provide legal, transactional, and regulatory guidance
- Maintain and update the company’s policies in compliance with applicable laws
- Provide corporate governance support for the company’s M&A activities
- Maintain organized form agreements and work with outside counsel to periodically develop new or update existing forms in response to business needs
- Contribute to brand protection strategy and support the company’s IP needs
- Assess risks and advise management on matters involving data use and protection and compliance with applicable privacy laws
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and external business partners including other departments, such as Product, Technology, Accounting, Finance and the Customer Resolution Center to spot and resolve issues
Who You Are:
- A graduate of a top law school with AmLaw100 or other large national law firm experience
- In good, active standing with the California Bar
- Possess 5-7 years as a practicing attorney, with in-house experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects while maintaining a commitment to quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with company employees, executives, and outside counsel
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.