Collectors Universe has multiple business lines that grade, authenticate, and sell millions of high-value, record-setting collectibles every quarter. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia, and with your help we can continue to grow rapidly. Our goal is to make the joy of collecting accessible to everyone -- collectors looking to complete their set, inventors looking to maximize the value of their collection, and anyone who’s looking to preserve a game, card or coin that reminds them of fond memories in their lives. We’re looking for senior software engineers who can create the next generation of engaging products for collectors, scalable, intuitive software for our internal customers, and innovative, best in class solutions to bring delight to The Hobby. How many impossible problems can you help us to solve?
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Wata, Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo.
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer to help build out our IT cloud operations, in accordance with Cloud operational best practices . Many of our applications are already on AWS, and we plan to migrate our remaining on-prem applications to AWS. We also have Azure for AD/DevOps (migrating to Github) and GCP for Data Warehousing. You will use your skills and leverage available resources to architect and build highly scalable solutions, automate, and continuously update our Cloud Infrastructure.
This is a remote-friendly position.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, architect, and maintain Cloud infrastructure on AWS primarily using Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Help create Cloud strategy and manage the adoption process.
- Identify the best Cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic direction of the company.
- Automate manual tasks and ensure all resulting code is under source control.
- Employ and maintain state of the art monitoring and logging tools.
- Build CI/CD toolchains with hands-on experience with Jenkins, Ansible, GIT, and Terraform.
- Build a fault-tolerant and highly available system that will meet our Service Level Objectives and Data Loss Prevention goals.
- Understanding of DevSecOps and how to build secure infrastructure in the Cloud.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the 'why.' Articulate several options, the pros/cons, and recommendations.
- Ensure Cloud infrastructure and resources are secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Work alongside software engineers to ensure Cloud standards and processes are followed.
- Configure tooling for system scalability, ensure we have capacity for future growth.
Who You Are:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience designing, executing, and supporting Cloud Infrastructure..
- 1+ years of IaC experience writing Terraform modules and/or CloudFormation Templates.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including routing, subnetting and load balancing.
- Experience maintaining CI/CD pipelines for Docker-based microservices.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Databases.
- Strong background in scripting or general development knowledge, i.e., Linux/Unix (Debian variants, AWS Linux), Powershell, JSON, and YAML.
- Proficient in Kubernetes, EKS, or container management.
- A passion for creating maintainable systems and an aversion to creating a technical debt of any kind.
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills and consistently demonstrate the aptitude and passion for learning new skills.
- Collaborative team spirit and problem-solving attitude.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: We offer a flexible vacation policy for our employees
- Holiday Pay: All employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.