The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards. We are building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
We are looking for a Director of EC Operations to lead our Operations teams at our Harborside (Jersey City, NJ) facility. In this role, you will lead all operations and logistics at Collectors, from before collectibles arrive to our facility, to how they are inventoried, processed, stored and ultimately shipped. Each step of this process (except graders) will report into your org. This is a unique opportunity to lead the Operations teams for three lines of product: PSA, PSA-DNA, and WATA. Along the journey you will contribute to building a world class Operations organization, delighting collectors every step of the way. As a key leader in our operations team, you will partner with other leaders across Collectors including operations, product, engineering, real estate & facilities, customer support and sales teams.
Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, change management leader with the ability to drive an organization towards ambitious Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurements by setting priorities and resourcing plans that support an integrated business strategy, in close partnership with the Vice President of Operations. In this role you will be tasked with building, motivating and developing cross-functional operational teams across multiple sites across the east coast. This specifically includes optimizing for secure storage and compliant facility space utilization, and automation initiatives to achieve significant logistics and services efficiency.
This position will report into the VP of Operations and will be required to work out of our Jersey City, NJ Harborside location.
What You'll Do:
- Lead from the front, owning all aspects of on site operations, logistics, and processing of products without reduction in quality while balancing throughput and cost
- Scale operation from processing thousands of unique SKUs/year to tens of thousands of unique SKUs/year
- Own/deliver on Safety, Quality, Productivity, Throughput, and service KPI’s
- Provide production planning, coordination, and goals to establish an effective work plan for the operation
- Drive additional improvement in throughput, efficiency, and quality by establishing and maintaining a CPI mindset and approach
- Instill a sense of urgency, a pride of workplace and an ownership mindset within the team from how the workspace looks to how it functions
- Work cross-functionally with the people team (site lead) to enhance staff skills and create a rewarding, fulfilling work environment
- Work cross-functionally to mitigate risk from a site safety, security, and insurance perspective
- Work closely with the tech organization (product and engineering) to implement new and improve upon existing tech solutions
- Lead by example and be a champion of all company policies, including safety, attendance & security
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of proven operational and leadership experience with a record of delivering results in Operations as GM/Director of operations in light manufacturing, warehousing, or fulfillment center type roles
- Demonstrated ability to drive business performance in process, logistics, quality,, and customer service excellence
- Proven track record of designing and implementing processes to drive consistency, increased speed and quality of customer care delivery at scale
- Ability to translate annual priorities and objectives into a local operating plan with specific focus on streamlining product delivery and turnaround times, as well as increasing product quality standards
- Collaborative and reliable leader that takes a data driven approach to problem-solving with a strong process focus for continuous improvement
- Experience with change management, inheriting teams and bringing them along for the journey, moving with urgency and empowering those around you to do the same
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party trading card authentication and grading company in the world. Since its inception in 1991, PSA has certified over 40 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars. PSA is a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. For more information, visit www.PSAcard.com.
About Wata Games
Wata Games was acquired by Collectors in 2021 and is now headquartered in Santa Ana, CA. We offer an objective, analytical video game grading service founded and run by industry experts and experienced video game collectors. Wata brings clarity to industry standards, giving customers confidence in their transactions. Grading games and knowing what you have is the real deal has never been easier. For more information, visit www.watagames.com.
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.