Staff Software Engineer, Collectors.com & Mobile (Remote)
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. Every quarter we grade, authenticate, and sell millions of high-value, record-setting collectibles. We have broken past records, and we’re going to set future records, but we know that none of this is possible without the talented engineering experts and architects we’ve attracted to lead our teams. Which new records will you help to set?
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Wata, Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo.
The team is at the helm of building out an entire Collectors ecosystem, with a unified experience of all Collectible brands on Collectors.com. We are looking to build the future platform that will be flexible to scale additional collectible brands and support new and exciting features that will make a big impact for our Collectors!
We are looking for full-stack software engineers, to join agile teams in our fast paced Product aligned organization. This team will design and build solutions for our Collectors digital experience, including core features such as submissions, checkout and payments, pricing, vault and grading services.
We're looking for Staff Software Engineers who are ambitious, change agents, knowledgeable of Tech industry best practices, Cloud Technology and service oriented architecture. You’ll play a lead role in helping drive forward our target state architecture, while delivering features for Product. We appreciate you learning in to mentor and lead junior engineers and find opportunities to change our company into a tech company.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the design and development of new cloud-based software architectures
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability and deployment
- Provide feedback pertaining to technical designs, proposals and code
- Analyze existing applications / databases and identify areas for improvement
- Design and contribute to APIs that can support user experiences on web and mobile applications
- Collaborate with and mentor engineers while also conducting code reviews to ensure consistent design patterns are being applied
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on application development, as well as strong exposure to API development.
- Working experience with design and engineering teams to plan, develop, and release software using Agile framework.
- Fluent in React and Typescript.
- Understanding of cloud deployment and Devops tooling.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Reasons To Join Us
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.