Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (WATA Games), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Quality Inspector to join our Engineering & Quality team to perform evaluation and inspection of production parts for dimensional and cosmetic quality per engineering drawings and other documents, accept or reject parts based on findings, and prepare Quality reports, NCRs, alerts, and other documents for review utilizing tools such as computers, calipers, CMMs, and other inspection tools.
You’ll report to The Engineering & Quality Manager and work from our Santa Ana, CA office and warehouses.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform inspection of critical incoming parts by conducting dimensional and cosmetic inspections
- Inspect parts and tools by conducting visual, dimensional, and functional tests
- Document inspection results by completing reports and tracking lists
- Inspect shipments of parts sent to other sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Analytical skills
- Takes direction well
- Reporting and Documentation skills
- Blueprint and Engineering drawing reading skills
- Ability to use calipers and other inspection tools
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline sensitive environment
- Experience with cosmetic parts inspection
- Experience with measuring and inspection equipment including calipers, CMMs, gauges, and other tools
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Extended periods of time in office and warehouse settings, both at Collector’s Universe and local vendors
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, e-mail correspondences, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare, inspect, and receive submissions.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Occasional exposure to machinery noise from forklifts, injection presses, and other machinery
- Occasional exposure to warehouse temperatures and humidity
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.