We are looking for a Director of Strategic Finance to join the Finance team at Collectors, the leader in third-party grading, authentication services and marketplaces for high-value collectibles.
Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes a collectibles marketplace leader in Goldin Auctions as well as third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
The company is headquartered in Santa Ana, CA with offices in Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai and a NYC area office expected soon.
This role will be based in our Collectors headquarters (Santa Ana) with flexibility for a hybrid work situation.
As a member of the FP&A and Strategic Finance team, you will contribute to our company’s mission by enabling key decision making with financial insights. The team partners with our senior business leaders to support operational management of the business and to facilitate strategic decision making focused on key investments, operational improvements, new business opportunities and strategic transactions.
This role reports directly to our VP of Financial Planning and Analysis and will work closely with all key business leaders (Presidents, GM). The role will have 1-2 direct reports.
What You'll Do:
- Partner closely with business line and operational leaders (Presidents, GMs) to inform key strategic and operational decision making through well informed financial insights and analysis
- Lead annual and long-range planning processes in partnership with other key cross functional leaders (e.g. corp development, product, FP&A)
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key business drivers and establish robust KPI reporting to track and provide appropriate visibility
- Develop/Optimize pacing and forecasting models to deliver timely and accurate updates on the status of the business relative to commitments
- Provide analysis to identify actionable revenue generating and cost savings opportunities
- Perform ad hoc analysis
- Lead by example and be a champion of all company policies, including safety, attendance & security.
Who You Are:
- At least 6-8 years of experience with a heavy strategic finance emphasis, preferably in a high transaction volume business, with both operational and strategic finance responsibilities
- Experience effectively leading business planning processes
- Possess strong financial modeling skills with a diverse set of financial modeling experiences (e.g. new initiative, investment opportunities, operations analysis, LTV/CAC, M&A etc)
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analysis by forming thoughtful and well informed recommendations that influences key decision making
- Experience effectively partnering with business leaders to help manage the operational delivery of a business on a day-to-day basis; including budgeting, pacing, forecasting and business plan development
- Exhibit strong business acumen and sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Significant business/KPI reporting experience
- Hands on individual willing to roll up sleeves
- Superior attention to detail with problem solving techniques
- Strong understanding of GAAP and other public reporting related issues
- Strong understanding of financial management processes
- Strong understanding of financial systems
- Bonus: Passionate about collectibles and/or sports
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off.
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for 10 company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.