Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards to coins to video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry. The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We’re looking for a PSA/DNA Operations Associate with a focus in DNA receiving. The right candidate will be primarily responsible for accurately itemizing packages, entering information into the designated system, creating specification numbers for each item in the NJ Woodbridge Office, and helping to manage incoming packages. This position will also require being trained and flexible in other areas needed in the NJ Woodbridge Office such as shipping, processing submissions, creating letters, inventory, customer service, and/or sealing.
What You’ll Do:
- Handle delicate and potentially high-value collectibles with the utmost care and attention.
- Create package numbers for, scan, and sticker all incoming packages and keep all packages in order.
- Organize receiving shelf and submissions based on shipping dates, shows, and priorities.
- Open, separate, count, and check items in each submission.
- Verify service type with payment and verify its eligibility.
- Identify and classify items correctly.
- Enter items into grading system.
- Create excel spreadsheets for all take-home and show submissions.
- Work with Sales Department for orders that have special deals and/or pricing.
- Maintain color sticker inventory.
- Research signers and cards by means of trade magazines, books, and the internet in order to enter item information accurately.
- Keep leadership team aware of all receiving system errors and/or issues and provide feedback regarding procedures and new program deployments.
- Contact customers via email, mail and phone to quickly resolve problem orders .
- Support the rest of the processing, sealing, authentication, sales, shipping teams, and Ops Manager with other duties and projects as assigned.
- Some travel to national events may be required.
Who You Are:
- Effective problem solver with the ability to make decisions based on data collected and company policies/procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and interdepartmental communication skills; can communicate clearly and intelligently with other departments and others outside of the organization, and has a desire and willingness to work with others.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures set forth by the company, as well as follow directions and take management feedback.
- Display willingness to make decisions correctly and appropriately upon each situation using common sense and additional training.
- Ability to multitask, manage time, work under pressure, and prioritize work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required and some college is preferred.
- Knowledge of all types of sports and non-sports players and cards is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, Access, and Picture Editor; with an aptitude to learn and understand company software.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party trading card authentication and grading company in the world. Since its inception in 1991, PSA has certified over 40 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars. PSA is a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. For more information, visit www.PSAcard.com.
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.