Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We’re looking for a motivated, Security Officer who is available and flexible to work part time varied shifts (2 days each week; 16 hours weekly either swing or day shift). As a valued team member of our Security team, the part time Security Officer will join us to help protect Collector’s personnel, property, and profits through detection, deterrence, and denial of unauthorized individuals, all while maintaining a secure environment and preserving the integrity of the company’s facilities and reputation. Our Security vigilance protects Collectors from exposure, damage to reputation and theft.
You’ll report to the Security Manager and work onsite from our Vault facility in New Castle, Delaware.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain a safe work environment for all personnel at Collectors - Vault
- Secure premises by patrolling and monitoring outside activity for suspicious persons and vehicles via closed circuit monitors
- Maintain authorized access by permitting entry and through CCTV surveillance with badge accessed door controls
- Open and secure the facility, make cursory checks and set appropriate alarms at the beginning and end of shifts
- Complete reports by recording observations, occurrences, and surveillance activities and reporting to local law enforcement (as needed)
- Facilitate movement of valuables to/from Vault as needed
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities and maintaining logs of delivered materials
- Contribute to security team’s efforts by accomplishing assigned related duties and adhering to service and operating standards
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues
Who You Are:
- You analyze and use logic & reasoning to understand how a problem or conflict should be approached and resolved.
- You have a high level of integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- You work well with others, are approachable in a tactful manner, and foster trusting interpersonal relationships.
- You exhibit the ability to influence others and provide insight and recommendations on ways to improve Security when appropriate.
- You provide exceptional customer service, and treat people fairly with respect and consideration.
- You have a keen sense of monitoring your environment and can manage any customer situation with professionalism.
- You make timely decisions and maintain composure in emergency response situations, while providing necessary assistance to employees and customers.
- You have great active listening skills, and can clearly communicate with a variety of individuals, both written and verbal.
- You have basic knowledge of using computers and know how to use Google products like: Gmail/Google Docs/Google Sheets/Google Drive.
- You have experience utilizing CCTV & Access Control systems
- Lift, carry, pull, and push boxes 65-70lbs or more
- Load, transport, and unload boxes
Experience / Certifications
- 2+ years of previous Security experience is required
- DE Yellow Guard Card is required
- DE Red Weapons Card (Preferred)
- Valid Driver's License (required)
- High school graduate (required)
- Reserve/Former military (preferred)
- Police Officer experience (preferred)
- Must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
Reasons to Join Us:
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.