Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (WATA), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Customer Care Representative to join our Customer Care team to provide world class customer care to our customers around the world. This role will answer customer inquiries for Collectors supporting PCGS. Representatives will provide service information while resolving customer concerns over the phone, through email, on social media, through Live Chat, on Collectors message boards and in person when needed.
The candidate selected will report to the Customer Care Manager and work from our Santa Ana office.
What You Will Do:
- Provide timely responses to customer inquiries over the phone while meeting standard call center metrics
- Respond and resolve concerns received from customers via written correspondence, email, social media, Live Chat and through Collectors message boards
- Inform prospective and existing customers of company services, memberships, procedures, policies, and promotions
- Sell and place orders for memberships and supplies
- Research and resolve complaints or issues according to company policies and procedures
- Make calls to follow up on questions, complaints and issues
- Participate in outbound call campaigns to retain and engage customers
- Attend trade shows as company representative to assist in order processing with submissions (optional)
- Provide general office support
- Representatives will strive to earn praise from customers regarding the high quality care they provide via email, written correspondence, Live Chat and social media in particular.
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred and/or 4+ years Customer Care/hospitality experience
- Fluent in English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence. Fluency in other written and spoken languages is a plus.
- Google Docs, Ring Central, Zendesk, Slack preferred
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within our particular field
- Ability to understand and relay company policies and procedures
- Excellent oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Responds to customer letters, emails, social media posts, Live Chat and message board posts in a professional, clear manner
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments, earns praise from customers
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Since 1986, Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) has been the industry standard for the third-party authentication and grading of coins and banknotes from all over the world. PCGS is the pioneer of major breakthroughs throughout the hobby that have forever changed the way collectibles are bought and sold. In addition to bringing confidence to collectors and dealers through a respected grading standard and strong guarantee, PCGS created the first competitive Set Registry platform, built the largest online encyclopedia of U.S. coin information, and revolutionized anti-counterfeiting technology. Together, these elements have created unprecedented public support for PCGS and international growth for the rare coin and banknote industries. PCGS headquarters are in Orange County, California, with satellite offices in France, Hong Kong, and China. PCGS also operates Certified Coin Exchange, the most robust online platform for dealer transactions, and Long Beach Expo, the largest collectibles show on the West Coast. PCGS is a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. For more information, visit www.pcgs.com.
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.