Collectors is the leading platform for collectors and the recognized authority in the collectibles space. Today it is the market leader for authentication and grading of high-value collectibles including trading cards (PSA), coins (PCGS), video games (Wata Games), and more. Beyond that the team at Collectors is building the most sophisticated platform in the collectibles industry. We are diverse, ambitious, high performing and passionate about putting our customers first.
The West Coast Senior Workplace Manager is a critical role at Collectors HQ. You will help support the connection, culture, workplace safety, and operational needs of our growing global team as well as be an integral partner with the real estate team. This is a full-time role working from our Santa Ana Headquarters. You will report directly to the Director of Real Estate & Workplace (west coast) and work closely with the Operations, Security, IT, and Corporate functions.
Who You Are
- You excel at project management, process development and documentation, and written + verbal communications across all levels of an organization.
- You’re a hands-on, can-do team player who thrives in a fast paced and highly collaborative, feedback driven environment.
- You consistently maintain an organized and highly functional team and use your top-notch time management skills to stay one step ahead. No project is too big or too small.
- You’re a results driven doer who can function equally well in the weeds and at a high level, quickly pivoting focus as needed to get the job done.
- You have a genuine interest in anticipating and serving the needs of others. You often respond in a warm and engaging demeanor. Ability to assess circumstances, empathize and offer help.
- You are proud of the workspace and Workplace team you manage.
- Lead by example and be a champion of all company policies, including safety, attendance & security
What You’ll Do
- Manage the day to day workspace and Workplace team
- Tackle multiple complex facilities improvement projects in parallel, coordinate team moves, and small + large scale renovations
- Collaborate on developing and rolling out a robust safety program
- Serve as central POC for workplace safety at HQ
- Oversee compliance with all health and safety legislation in the offices
- Develop and maintain relationships with building managers, vendors and internal partners such as IT, HR, Security, Finance, Operation and leadership
- Ensure all of Workspace is clean and organized at all times
- Drives continuous improvements and innovations to our current workplace processes
- Coordinate and assist with programs and events that drive Workplace culture, including Employee Resource Group (ERG) and DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion), Sustainability, and fun (think Collecting!)
- Ensure that any workplace issues are resolved quickly with little disruption to Collector’s operation and employees
- Own Space planning and seat allocation in conjunction with hiring managers and HR
- Refine and Own the Hot Desking and Hotelling Program
- Contribute to new space office design and construction
- Prepare and track annual budgets in collaboration with Finance
- Oversee the Workplace ticketing system, ensuring the team responds to incoming requests/issues/feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Introduce new tools and technology to improve office efficiency
- Support Collectors’ operation team and projects as needed
- Position will also include various ad-hoc projects required to support the business and work with other offices globally
Experience/Key Personal Qualities
- 3-5 years of mid-sized office experience (400+ employees), particularly with office move and fast growth office
- Attention to detail, research, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Manage a fast growing team
- Able to multitask and work proactively in a fast paced environment
- Flexible, adaptable, realistic, practical, calm, pragmatic, and agile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution mindset with the ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Tech-savvy with experience with Google Docs, MS Office, Office Space, Slack and other web-based applications
Nice to have:
- Have implemented or used: Zendesk/Jira, Office Space, Envoy, Hot desking/Hotelling program, Workday, Greenhouse
- Has supported an office that runs on multiple shifts and/or over 75,000 sf
- Experience working in high security environment
- Familiar with OSHA
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.