Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We’re looking for a Shipping Clerk to join our Shipping team to Verify, package and ship all outgoing packages for sports cards and coin submissions.
You’ll report to the Shipping Manager and work from our Santa Ana, CA office.
What You’ll Do:
- Sort all orders by return carrier service.
- Verify order correctness and completeness.
- Package orders in mailing box containers, seal with tape and attach outside label.
- Process shipping for specified return carrier and close order.
Who You Are:
- You have 1-3 months of previous shipping experience and a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide by 5, 10, and/or 20, and ability to perform these operations using weight measurement and volume.
- Customer service focus – Respond promptly to customer needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Good verbal communication skills – Listen effectively and get clarification; able to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and coworkers.
- Good written communication skills – Able to read and interpret written information and write simple correspondence.
- Team player – Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethical and respectful – Treat people with respect, work with integrity and ethically, and uphold the company’s values.
- Able to follow directions and support department’s needs – Follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Use time efficiently.
- Commitment to quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor your work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner, and strive to increase productivity and work quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work on time; ensure work
- responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings on time.
- Dependable – Follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for your actions, keep commitments; commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Ask for and offer help when needed.
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with business software such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Bending neck
- Bending waist
- Reaching with arms
- Hand Use
- Lifting/moving up to 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Occasionally life and/or move up to 60 pounds
The equipment and machines that are used to perform the duties of this job are:
- meter postage machine
- tape machines and tape guns
- machines that provide materials for padding and cushioning products
- computers with attached weighing scales
- carts and dollies to move the product
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.