Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant with 5 - 7 years of strong accounting and financial analysis experience to join our team to assist the Accounting department with the fast paced month end closing process in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as US GAAP. Job duties include, but not limited to, preparation and input of standard monthly journal entries, record and maintain fixed assets, bank reconciliations, general ledger account reconciliations, record company credit card transactions, and other duties as assigned.
You’ll report to the Assistant Controller and work from our Santa Ana, CA office headquarters (hybrid). After training is complete, a hybrid schedule will be an option.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and input standard monthly journal entries as well as assist with the month end closing process
- Perform monthly analysis of departmental revenues and costs
- Reconcile and Analyze G/L Accounts
- Heavy financial analysis, comparison of actual to budget and to prior year, provide meaningful recap/explanation of variances to management
- Prepare timely and comprehensive management analysis reports to allow for informed business decisions
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Help with software upgrade/implementation
- File multi-state sales tax returns
- Perform daily reconciliation of cash as required by the UCC
- Prepare ad hoc analysis reports to management when requested
Who You Are:
- BA or BS Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Understanding of GAAP accounting concepts and revenue recognition
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask
- Organized, problem solver, flexible and able to prioritize
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills a must
- Exposure to international operations, foreign currency translation and consolidations a plus.
- Exposure to maintaining/developing forecasts and budgets a plus.
- Experience with software upgrade/implementation
- Navision experience a plus
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.