Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes a collectibles marketplace leader in Goldin Auctions as well as third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
The HR Manager is a vital member of the Operations team, helping to define, elevate, and scale the role of human resources across the company. This role will have the primary responsibility for HR in both the Jersey City, NJ and New Castle, DE locations which primarily house our PSA and Vault divisions. This role will be the sole onsite HR resource in NJ and will collaborate with the broader People team across the US. The Human Resources Manager will be expected to have a full perspective of the business, placing emphasis on employee relations, people development, performance management, organizational design, retention, engagement, equity and inclusion, and people management across the organization. Leveraging exceptional influencing skills, this role will drive talent processes working with the Business Leaders. The ideal candidate loves to build, thrives in ambiguity, is flexible and adaptable to change, moves quickly, and can demonstrate strong communication skills to deliver messages across all levels of the organization. This is an opportunity to join our NJ team in the beginning stages of expansion, while getting to manage and drive high impact people strategies in the fast growing collectibles space. '
This role reports to the Director, HRBP and is based out of our office in Jersey City, NJ.
What You’ll Do
- Be a trusted strategic partner to the Operations leadership team in NJ by using professional credibility and strong relationships with executives to influence key priorities on organizational issues that help the company and our employees grow
- Lead complex initiatives with significant impact to supporting organization-wide needs. Initiatives include: talent acquisition, benefits, compliance with regulations, HR system oversight, budget management, compensation plan development, employee experience and retention, talent assessment, succession planning, organizational design, company culture, employee relations, and leadership development
- Act as a change-agent as the business continues to reshape itself with a goal of providing a world class stakeholder and employee experience
- Strengthen the executive team of each function by providing coaching and development to leadership
- Promote HR strategies that align with the Operations goals focusing on the talent needed to execute on the vision
- Leverage strong program management skills to collaborate with the HR team to roll out various talent and people programs across the organization (compensation review, feedback cycles, engagement surveys and development programs, etc.)
- Drive results through executive development, succession planning, career development, skills gap analysis, etc.
- Analyze and assess organizational "health" by looking at trends in performance, employee satisfaction, attrition, diversity, etc.
- Structure, build and lead the HR function, determining resources required to support the organization and aligning resources to business priorities
Who You Are
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience in a high-growth setting; strong preference for experience working in production-based or warehouse environments.
- Demonstrated experience with organizational design and talent development across a variety of employee groups and functions (operations, corporate, engineering or product teams)
- Experience with policy implementation, and employee relations, as well as knowledge of staffing and compensation strategies, practices and processes
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented HR leader, with an ability to drive projects through partnerships with senior management and across HR and Talent functions
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization and with diverse client groups to drive major initiatives through the organization and influence decision makers
- Demonstrated success in taking a data driven approach to develop innovative solutions that balance the business strategy and employee needs
- Pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them
- Proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders and multitask or re-prioritize as needed in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of US labor laws, statutes, etc. which govern employment policies and practices
- Direct experience with leadership development and being a trusted advisor to the executive level
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Roles advertised as remote eligible are not open to applicants in Colorado and may not be performed in Colorado.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.