Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
PCGS is seeking a coin grader to authenticate and grade coins. The ideal candidate will possess comprehensive industry knowledge of coins and be able to add experience and depth to the PCGS Grading Team. The individual should be detail oriented, have great organizational skills, and be able to focus on coins for long periods of time.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, authenticate, and assess the condition of coins for grading and encapsulation
- Improve knowledge and skill with experience and numismatic research
- Maintain individual PCGS Grading production goals
- Maintain quality of grading product
- Complete other coin processing/evaluation duties as assigned by leaders in the grading room
Who You Are:
- Firsthand knowledge of coins
- Ability to identify coins and associated varieties including counterfeit detection
- Possess a solid and high degree of personal education in numismatics
- Are up to date on the latest coin alteration techniques and grading issues in order to perform grading duties
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and communication skills to achieve production goals and maximize productivity
- Ability to work in a positive team environment
- Detail oriented and ability to focus over long stretches of time
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Since 1986, Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) has been the industry standard for the third-party authentication and grading of coins and banknotes from all over the world. PCGS is the pioneer of major breakthroughs throughout the hobby that have forever changed the way collectibles are bought and sold. In addition to bringing confidence to collectors and dealers through a respected grading standard and strong guarantee, PCGS created the first competitive Set Registry platform, built the largest online encyclopedia of U.S. coin information, and revolutionized anti-counterfeiting technology. Together, these elements have created unprecedented public support for PCGS and international growth for the rare coin and banknote industries. PCGS headquarters are in Orange County, California, with satellite offices in France, Hong Kong, and China. PCGS also operates Certified Coin Exchange, the most robust online platform for dealer transactions, and Long Beach Expo, the largest collectibles show on the West Coast. PCGS is a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. For more information, visit www.pcgs.com.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.