Goldin, the leading marketplace for collectors, is owned by Collectors Holdings, Inc. (“Collectors”), the privately-held holding company which also operates the PSA, PCGS, and WATA authentication and grading businesses under the Collectors umbrella. Together, Collectors leads the industry in grading and authentication of sports cards/memorabilia, coins, and video games. The marketplace ("Goldin") is a luxury digital marketplace supporting hundreds of millions of dollars of transactions a year and is going through a transition to sell more accessible collectibles at scale.
We’re looking for Commercial Counsel to join the Collectors Legal team, specifically supporting Goldin. We are looking for seasoned lawyer who can take responsibility for drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a wide variety of commercial agreements, maintain a strong compliance function, and be a trusted advisor to the business. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to have a direct impact on our company’s continued growth.
This role reports directly to Collectors’ General Counsel and will be based in Runnemede, NJ, outside of Philadelphia, though candidates who can work a hybrid schedule will also be considered.
What You’ll Do:
- Support every facet of the Goldin business, partnering with all internal teams including Finance/Accounting, People, Marketing, Business Development and Sales
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial contracts
- Partner with other business units to provide legal, transactional, and regulatory guidance
- Maintain and update the company’s policies in compliance with applicable laws
- Maintain organized form agreements and periodically develop new or update existing forms in response to business needs
- Contribute to brand protection strategy and support the company’s IP needs
- Assess risks and advise management on matters involving data use and protection and compliance with applicable privacy laws
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and external business partners including other departments and the broader Collectors organization
Who You Are:
- A graduate of an accredited law school with AmLaw100 or other large national law firm experience
- Possess 5-7 years as a practicing attorney, with in-house experience relating to marketplaces, high-end collectibles, or auction houses strongly preferred
- In good, active standing with the New Jersey Bar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage several projects while maintaining a commitment to quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and work collaboratively with company employees, executives, and outside counsel
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $190,238 - $283,119. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All salaried employees are eligible for flexible time-off
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.