Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track & research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We’re looking for a motivated Security Officer to join our Security team to help protect Collector’s personnel, property, and profits through detection, deterrence, and denial of unauthorized individuals, all while maintaining a secure environment and preserving the integrity of the company’s facilities and reputation. Our Security vigilance protects Collectors from exposure, damage to reputation and theft.
You’ll report to the Director of Security and work from our Santa Ana office.
What You’ll Do:
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintain organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Contribute to security team’s effort by accomplishing related duties as assigned
- Make timely decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Sustain effective relationships with customers and the client
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Respond to emergency situations to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company's assets relative to theft, assault, fire, and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, patrolling premises regularly
Who You Are:
- You are able to clearly communicate with a variety of individuals, both written and verbal. Bilingual is a plus.
- You are able to analyze and use logic and reasoning to understand how a problem should be approached.
- You are attentive to the reactions of others, reading body language well
- You have basic knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- You have great active listening skills, foster trusting interpersonal relationships and you work well with others.
- Lift, carry, pull, and push boxes 65-70lbs or more
- Load, transport, and unload boxes
Experience / Certifications
- Previous Security experience, at least 2 years (required)
- Valid BSIS Guard Card (required)
- High school graduate (required)
- Reserve/Former military (preferred)
- Police Officer experience (preferred)
Reasons to Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.