Collectors is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track, and research collectibles - from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokemon cards. With industry leading services as our foundation and the creativity of our employees, Collectors is leading the way to a tech-forward and modern collectibles industry.
The Collectors’ family of companies includes leaders in third-party authentication and grading services such as PSA (sports and trading cards), PCGS (coins), WATA (video games), and CardLadder, a comprehensive analytics and financial tracking of sports cards.
We are hiring a Photographer to join the Collectors Vault team. In addition to being a high security storage service for collectibles, Collectors Vault integrates the various business units at Collectors to create a new platform for collecting. Collectors Vault represents the next generation of collecting, and will power a fundamentally superior experience for storing, securing, authenticating, grading, buying, and selling collectibles.
As a member of the photography team, you will be responsible for photographing the inventory that will be listed for sale online. Your primary goal is to photograph and edit in a high-paced work environment while being accurate and efficient to produce high quality work to meet tight deadlines. You will work independently and interdependently with the rest of the team and surrounding departments such as Inventory, Editorial, and Sales & Revenue to ensure the operation is completed properly.
This role is based in New Castle, DE and reports to the Operations Manager. Training will be onsite in Runnemede, NJ for the first 3-4 weeks of employment.
- Photographing - Ensure all items are photographed and/or scanned using work instruction guide in priority order respective to the auction schedule. Taking proper care to ensure the integrity of all products - using gloves for jewelry, being careful when removing old documents, wiping down dust on frames, etc. Image files are to be coded by respective serial/ID number to ensure all items’ images are uploaded and archived accurately.
- Editing - Apply proper presets to all images to visually enhance image quality. Silhouette each background in Photoshop/Camera Raw and save all images as PSD and JPEG files.
- Uploading - All images are to be uploaded onto the admin website in a specific order to be synonymous with alike items.
- Archiving - All images (RAW and final) must be uploaded and archived in Google Drive for access to refer back if necessary. All final images will be saved onto your desktop and are to be archived to Google Drive once the auction has come to a close. All final images in Google Drive must be organized into the corresponding auction folder for our Creative and Content teams to use for promotions and social media.
- Must have 3+ years of photography experience.
- Must have 2+ years of Photoshop, Camera Raw, Lightroom and/or Bridge experience.
- Must be able to work with multiple photography brand equipment i.e. Nikon and Canon cameras.
- Ability to learn and utilize other third party photography software.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work interdependently with team members and independently for individual work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced setting.
- General knowledge of studio equipment, such as lighting, backdrops, camera transmitters and receivers.
- Reliable transportation.
Reasons to Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked here.