Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer Lead to join our Learning team to guide team members in effectively organizing, planning, and executing training projects. The projects include writing manuals, creating Google Slides, and organizing training sessions for different departments across the organization. The chosen candidate will be responsible for editing and documenting for various departments and divisions within Collectors. It is essential for this individual to collaborate with the Training Manager to ensure consistency of content throughout the company and to provide guidance to team members to achieve the same.
You’ll report to the Training Manager and work onsite Monday through Friday from our Santa Ana, CA office headquarters 5 days .
What You’ll Do:
- Assist Training Manager in designing and developing documentation for training in all critical business areas, including Operations (receiving, stickering, submission research, grading, sealing, booming, quality control, and shipping), for new hires, temporary employees, and existing employees
- Work directly with the Training Manager in creating training materials and delegating tasks to Learning Writers
- Assist the Training Manager in researching and installing new training materials and supplies that will enhance our training procedures and provide value to our employees
- Identify future documentation needs and create a curriculum, with the Training Manager’s assistance, to facilitate training
- Assist the Training Manager in searching for gaps in training material or content that should be filled to ensure safety and productivity among staff members
- Communicate with team members, trainers, and Learning Manager to ensure all needs are met
- Assist Training Manager in writing 90-day, Yearly Reviews, and setting SMART goals for team members
- Ensures documentation maintenance is performed on a scheduled basis
- Holds weekly Technical Writing meetings to go over individual and group progress
- Manage/maintain the Training Resource Site and keep it up to date with current changes/improvements
- Manage/maintain the Training Team Shared Drive to remain current and consistent
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of proven work experience training others in a lead or supervisory role
- Familiar with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Strong planning, problem-solving, and project-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record-keeping abilities for reports and training manuals.
- Strong computer skills (Google Applications)
- Able to diffuse conflict, maintain confidentiality, listen to others, remain open to ideas, and try new things
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
The reasonable estimated hourly rate for this position is $30. Actual compensation varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company-paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team-building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.