Collectors Universe has multiple business lines that grade, authenticate, and sell millions of high-value, record-setting collectibles every quarter. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (Wata), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia, and with your help we can continue to grow rapidly. Our goal is to make the joy of collecting accessible to everyone -- collectors looking to complete their set, inventors looking to maximize the value of their collection, and anyone who’s looking to preserve a game, card or coin that reminds them of fond memories in their lives.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Wata, Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo.
We are seeking a hands-on Staff Engineering Manager to lead our growing QA team. The manager will have the responsibility of leading a team consisting of manual and automation engineers. Their main role will involve overseeing testing activities by establishing, executing, and maintaining exceptionally high standards for core QA functions. The Staff Engineering Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of QA to create a QA technology roadmap, suggest strategies, and implement modern test automation frameworks, standards, and procedures. Additionally, collaboration with leaders from different departments will be required to ensure that our solutions have appropriate controls throughout the testing process and can handle substantial levels of global traffic. Ultimately, we are seeking a confident leader who can drive quality across the entire organization.
This role is a hybrid position, with the expectation that employees will be present in our Santa Ana office for three days each week.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and manage a team of QA professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and support. Set clear expectations, foster a collaborative environment, and promote professional growth and development within the team.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive QA strategy that aligns with our organizational goals. Define quality standards, methodologies, and processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality software products.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to gather requirements, review specifications, and plan test activities. Oversee test case creation, test execution, and defect management to ensure thorough and effective testing.
- Continuously evaluate and enhance QA processes, methodologies, and tools. Identify areas for improvement, implement best practices, and foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation within the QA team.
- Collaborate with product owners, development teams, and other stakeholders to ensure clear communication, alignment on quality goals, and timely resolution of issues. Act as a point of contact for QA related discussions and provide regular updates on quality metrics and progress.
- Identify potential risks and issues that may impact product quality or release timelines. Develop risk mitigation strategies and work closely with stakeholders to address and resolve any quality-related challenges.
- Plan and drive improvements to the automation and performance test framework architecture and test coverage with focus on faster turnaround times and high quality deliverables
- Own the hiring process of your team by creating job requisitions, review resumes, interview and evaluate candidates and make hiring recommendations
- Champion the involvement of QA processes from a very early stage of the SDLC and inject QA strategies and practices early
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices in QA. Continuously enhance your technical knowledge and skills to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 10+ years of application development experience with at least 5 years of managerial experience
- 5+ years of QA test automation/framework experience
- 3+ years of Performance testing, CI/CD, Mobile Testing and AWS cloud solutions experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced communication skills(verbal, written and logical)
- Proficient software analysis, design and development skills
- Experience collaborating with geographically dispersed teams
- Strong understanding of Agile, SDLC and STLC
- Experience with Automation frameworks like Selenium, Playwright, Karate
- Experience with technologies like AWS DB services, Apache Kafka, Docker, GitHub, Restful API's
- Experience with load and performance testing using tools like JMeter, Gatling or similar tools
- Experience with Jira (or similar bug tracking software), X-Ray (or similar test management tool) and GIT (familiar with source control and its best practices)
- Strong understanding of testing protocols, developing test strategies and test cases
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; detail-oriented
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $150,442 - $197,345. Actual compensation on this range varies based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.